For a long time, there are two know ways to match color on press:
- Formulate - such as used in the ink mixing department. This method is very precise because each step of the way is tested, documented and recorded with both color measurement hardware (spectros) and software. Results are very accurate.
- Guess – unfortunately this is a very commonly used method. You get something you think is correct on press, many times ask others and when you have a consensus you run it. The is even a universal hand gesture for guessing
|And now an app!|
Ink Technicians formulate color:
- Measure, Document, Record
- Use ink formulation software
- Produce very accurate results
All others Guess!
Press operators should run the press and let SpotOn! Flexo software do the color stuff.
Ink Technicians should formulate ink.